The old NX service is replaced with x2go. For using graphically intensive applications like Matlab, Maple etc from home, please use x2go instead of X11 tunneling over ssh.
- Please download the x2go client from here
- Note - Windows 8 users should set the x2go client in Windows 7 compatibility mode
- Connect to cluster-nx.mathstat.dal.ca as shown below -
- Disable sound and printing support -
- Choose the menu of published applications -
- Choose the appropriate item from the menu -
- Please open a terminal and type qrsh to get an interactive session to the least loaded node. With the new interactive session to the node, software like Matlab, Maple etc can be started.