Why Use the Intel Compilers?
The Intel compilers give application developers access to the advanced
architecture of the latest Intel processors for both IA-32 and the Itanium®
architecture. These compilers have several features to maximize application
- Performance: Advanced optimization features for the latest
Intel® processors, including the Intel® Pentium® 4 processor
with Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 and Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel®
Xeon™ processor with Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology
(Intel® EM64T), Intel Pentium M processor, a component of Intel®
Centrino™ mobile technology, and the Intel® Itanium® 2
processor, to deliver outstanding performance for your applications.
The Intel compilers also provide threaded application development and
optimization through support of the OpenMP* 2.0 standard and Auto-Parallelism
- Compatibility: The Intel compilers support both official and
- Support: Intel Premier Support via the Intel web site: www.intel.com.
Make sure you register for support!
In addition, to analyze your multi-threaded code with the Intel®
Thread Checker or the Thread Profiler:
- The Intel Thread Checker requires that the Intel C++ or Fortran compiler
be previously installed on your system.
- The Thread Profiler requires you to use the Intel C++ or Fortran Compiler
to generate instrumented files.