MATLAB Online Help
To view the online documentation, select MATLAB Help from the Help menu in MATLAB. For more information about using the online documentation, see Help Browser.
For MATLAB, the documentation is organized into these main topics:
- Development Environment--Provides complete information on the MATLAB desktop.
- Mathematics--Describes how to use MATLAB mathematical and statistical capabilities.
- Programming and Data Types--Describes how to create scripts and functions using the MATLAB language.
- Graphics--Describes how to plot your data using MATLAB graphics capabilities.
- 3-D Visualization--Introduces how to use views, lighting, and transparency to achieve more complex graphic effects than can be achieved using the basic plotting functions.
- Creating Graphical User Interfaces--Describes how to use MATLAB graphical user interface layout tools.
- External Interfaces/API--Describes MATLAB interfaces to C and Fortran programs, Java classes and objects, COM objects, data files, serial port I/O, and DDE.
In addition to the above documentation, MATLAB documentation includes the following reference material:
- Functions - By Category--Lists all the core MATLAB functions. Each function has a reference page that provides the syntax, description, mathematical algorithm (where appropriate), and related functions.
- You can also access any function reference page using the "Functions - Alphabetical List".
MATLAB online documentation also includes
- Examples--An index of major examples included in the documentation.
- Release Notes--Introduces new features and identifies known problems in the current release.
- Printable Documentation--Provides access to the PDF versions of the documentation, which are suitable for printing.
| || MATLAB Documentation|| ||Development Environment |