Checking Files Out of the Source Control System
To check files out of the source control system using MATLAB, follow these steps:
- Open the M-file, Simulink file, or Stateflow file you want to check out.
- The file opens and the title bar indicates it is read only.
- Select Source Control -> Check Out from the File menu in the MATLAB Editor, Simulink model, or Stateflow model. The Check Out dialog box opens
- To check out the version that was most recently checked in, select the Latest version option. To check out a specific version of the file, select the Version number option and type the version number in the field
- To prevent others from checking out the file while you have it checked out, select Lock latest version. To check out a read-only version of the file, clear Lock latest version.
- Click OK.
- The file is checked out from the source control system and is available to you for editing.
Function Alternative for Checking Out Files
checkout to check a file out of the source control system. You can check out multiple files at once and specify check-out options. The
checkout function has this form:
file, use the complete path.
option argument to:
- Check out a read-only version of the file -- set the
lock option to
- Check out the file even if you already have it checked out -- set the
force option to
- Check out a specific version of the file -- use the
revision option, and assign the version number to the
The options apply to all files checked out. The file can be open or closed when you use
Example -- Check Out a Specific Version of a File
To check out the 1.1 version of the file
For other examples, see the reference page for
| || Checking Files into the Source Control System|| ||Undoing the Check-Out |