Keith Frederick TAYLOR|
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Halifax, NS, B3H 4J1
- Academic Credentials:
- B.Sc., St. Francis Xavier, 1971, Honours Mathematics.
- Ph.D., University of Alberta, 1976, Mathematics.
- Employment History:
- Post-doctoral Fellow (NRC PDF), Boulder,
Colorado, 1/1/1976 to 30/6/1977.
- Assistant Professor, 1/7/1977, Department of
Mathematics, University of Saskatchewan (U of S).
- Associate Professor, U of S, 1/7/1981.
- Full Professor, U of S, 1/7/1987.
- Full Professor, Department of Mathematics & Statistics, Dalhousie University, 1/8/2003-present.
- Short-term visiting appointments: Dalhousie (83-84), Paderborn (various),
- University of Saskatchewan Master Teacher Award, May Convocation, 2001.
- University of Saskatchewan Student Union Teaching Excellence Award, 1996-97.
- U of S 1997 Web'wards - President's Educational Site Award for the MRC
- Primary Research Interests: (See Appendix 1)
- Abstract Harmonic Analysis and Wavelet Analysis
- Spectral Problems Arising in Chemistry
- Technology Enhanced Pedagogy
- Graduate Students: (See Appendix 2)
- Supervised five PhD theses
- Supervised ten MSc theses
- Administrative Contributions:
- President of the Canadian Mathematical Society, 2012-2014.
- Associate Vice-President Academic, Dalhousie University, 2008-2013.
- Dean, Faculty of Science, Dalhousie University, 2003-2008.
- Acting Dean, College of Arts & Science, U of S, 2002-2003.
- Associate Dean (Science), U of S, 2001-2006 appointment. Served 2001-2002.
- Vice-President (Western) of the Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) (1999-2001)
- Founding director of the Math Readiness Summer Camps (1996-2003).