Mathmatics and Statistics
-Mahdi Shafiei, Katherine Dunn, Eva Boon, Shelley MacDonald, David Walsh, Hong Gu and Joseph P Bielawski (2015). BioMiCo: a supervised Bayesian model for inference of microbial community structure. Microbiome, 3(8).
-Mahdi Shafiei, Katherine A. Dunn, Hugh Chipman, Hong Gu, Joseph P. Bielawski (2014). BiomeNet: A Bayesian model for inference of metabolic divergence among microbial communities. PLoS Comput Biol 10(11).
-Melanie Abeysundera, Toby Kenney, Chris Field, Hong Gu (2014). Combining Distance Matrices on Identical Taxon Sets for Multi-gene Analysis with Singular Value Decomposition. PLOS ONE, available online at http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0094279.
-Toby Kenney and Hong Gu (2012). Hessian Calculation for Phylogenetic Likelihood based on the Pruning Algorithm and its Applications. Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology. 11(4): Article 14. PDF.
-Hong Gu, Katherine A. Dunn and Joseph P. Bielawski (2012) Likelihood Based Clustering (LiBaC) for Codon Models in "Codon Evolution: mechanisms and models", edited by GM Cannarozzi and A Schneider. Oxford University Press.
-Melanie Abeysundera, Chris Field and Hong Gu (2012). Phylogenetic analysis based on spectral methods. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 2012: 29(2):579-597. PDF.
-Fallah N., Gu H.,
Mohammad K., Seyyedsalehi
-Morine MJ, Gu H, Myers RA, Bielawski JP. (2009). Trade-Offs Between Efficiency and Robustness in Bacterial Metabolic Networks Are Associated with Niche Breadth. J Mol Evol.
H. and Gu, H. (2009). A Mixed Model Approach for Intent-to-Treat Analysis in
Longitudinal Clinical Trials with Missing Values.
-Xiaofei Shi, Hong Gu and Chris Field (2008). Pattern classification of phylogeny signals. Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology: Vol. 7: Iss. 1, Article 30.Available at: http://www.bepress.com/sagmb/vol7/iss1/art30.
-Le Bao, Hong Gu, Katherine A. Dunn and Joe Bielawski (2008). Likelihood Based Clustering (LiBaC) for Codon Models, a method for grouping sites according to similarities in the underlying process of evolution. Mol Biol Evol. Vol. 25(9), pp. 1995-2007. PDF
- Emad Bahrami Samani, M. Mehdi Homayounpour and Hong Gu (2007). A Novel Hybrid GMM/
-Le Bao, Hong Gu, Katherine Dunn and Joe Bielawski
(2007). Methods for selecting fixed-effect models for heterogeneous codon
evolution, with comments on their application to gene and genome data.
-Wing K. Fung, Hong Gu, Liming Xiang and Kelvin K. W. Yau (2006). Assessing local influSence in principal component analysis with application to hematology study data. Statistics in Medicine, Vol. 26, Issue 13 , Pages 2730-2744.
-Krista Collins, Hong Gu, and Chris Field (2006) "Examining Protein Structure and Similarities By Spectral Analysis Technique," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology: Vol. 5: No. 1, Article 23. Available at: http://www.bepress.com/sagmb/vol5/iss1/art23. R or Splus codes: Spectral envelope. Spectral covariance. For an example of input data format, see the output of the data formating program on aa01.txt.
-Lorenzo Vega-Montoto, Hong Gu and Peter D. Wentzell. (2005). Mathematical Improvements to Maximum Likelihood Parallel Factor Analysis: Theory and Simulations. Journal of Chemometrics. 19: 216-235. PDF.
-Xiaofei Shi, Hong Gu, Edward Susko and Chris Field (2005). The Comparison of the Confidence Regions in Phylogeny. Mol Biol Evol. 22: 2285-2296.
- Hugh A. Chipman and Hong Gu (2005). Interpretable Dimension Reduction. Journal of Applied Statistics, 32, 969-987. PDF.
- Hugh A.
Chipman and Hong Gu (2001). "Discussion of 'Flexible
regression modeling with adaptive logistic basis functions' by P. M. Hooper''. Canadian
Journal of Statistics, 29,370--374.
- Hong Gu and Wing K. Fung (2001). Influence diagnostics in common principal components analysis. Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 79, 275-294.
- Hong Gu and Wing K. Fung (2001). Local influence for the restricted likelihood with applications. Sankhya, 63, 250-259.
- Hong Gu and Wing K. Fung (2000). Influence diagnostics in common canonical variates analysis. Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics (AISM), 52, 753-766.
- Wing K. Fung, Ruben H. Zamar and Hong Gu (1999). Robust estimation of coefficient of variation. Technical Report.
- Hong Gu and Wing K. Fung (1998). Assessing local influence in canonical correlation analysis. Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics (AISM), 50, PP.755-772.
- Wing K. Fung and Hong Gu (1998). The second order approximation to sample influence curve in canonical correlation analysis. Psychometrika, 63, PP. 263-269.
- Wing K. Fung and Hong Gu (1998). Discussion on the paper by Hodges (Some algebra and geometry for hierarchical models, applied to diagnostics). J. R. Statist. Soc. B, 60, PP.531-532.